These chicken wraps are so quick and easy to make that youre going to absolutely love them They are super healthy and you can make a big batch for a week. A grab and go kinda meal. Recipe yields 7 servings
- Chicken breast fillet 400 grams
- Onion-1 large sliced
- Capsicum -1 large sliced
- Tomatoes- 1 large small slices
- Cabbage-0.5 head sliced thinly
- Mushrooms -half cup stems and pieces sliced
- 7 Whole wheat tortillas
- Taco seasoning-2 table spoons
- Marinate the chicken in the taco seasoning for 30 minutes and bake it for 15 minutes at 180°C. Once baked keep aside for 5 minutes and then slice.
(If you slice immediately all the juices will run out, resting is important so the juices redistribute).
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds each side.
- Once your meat, veggies and tortillas are ready.Its time to assemble!
- On a sheet of foil,lay your tortilla flat,put the cabbage horizontally in the center,top it with generous amount of cabbage,tomatoes onion and mushrooms.
- Add the 4 to 5 slices of chicken on top, don’t overfill the wrap.
- Drizzle a small stream of mustard on top,and roll it in tight.
- Wrap the foil on top.
You can add iceberg lettuce that gives it a much better crunchy fresh flavour and texture.I didn’t have them at hand so I switched to cabbage.
HACK : to prevent the wrap from opening ,put heavy bottom pan on it so it adds pressure on it.This will make sure the wraps hold its shape and don’t open up.
Hope you like this recipe.
Comment and give your feedback.