Babaganoush is a Lebanese classic dish.It’s alot like hummus but has more texture to it,unlike hummus which is more paste-like. It’s my favourite snack currently and I can’t stop myself finishing it all.It’s very easy and very healthy.
- One large eggplant
- 1 tablespoon Garlic- crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of one lime
- pinch of Cayeene pepper
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In an oven roast the eggplant for 20 minutes at 200°C (400°F).
- Once it’s nice and soft, take the eggplant out and keep it in a plastic bag and let it sit for another 15minutes.
- After 15minutes, simply peel the skin off the eggplant and discard the skin.
- Take the eggplant in a bowl and add tahini crushed garlic lemon juice and salt-pepper and mash it with the pestle or a fork.
- Once your egg plant has some texture to it-time to plate it. Add it on the plate and swirl it from the centre and make a narrow space or simply add it to a small bowl.
- Add olive oil and and garnish with cayenne and sesame seeds or even parsley.
Serve it with toasted pita, breadsticks or crisps.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe .
Don’t forget to click follow and give your feedback