Nothing in this world can beat the taste freshly baked baguette. Even if you have absolutely nothing at home and are craving some carbs,then believe me this is your go to recipe. The crispy exterior and the chewy soft interior is the best alternative to the regular boring bread we have daily. Make your breakfast,lunch and snack special with the help of this simple recipe.
- All purpose flour- 3 cups to 4 cups (for dusting the counter for kneading)
- Yeast-2 tsp
- Warm water
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- oil -1 tbsp
- Mix the yeast and sugar in the warm water and set it aside and let it rise
- In a large open pan add flour and salt and mix well, then make a well in the center and with the help of a wooden spoon mix in all the flour. mix well!
- Once the water and the yeast is all mixed together, grease a large bowl with oil and put the dough in.
*Remember the dough will be a bit liquidy so don’t panic!!!
- Cover the bowl with cling tightly and put in a warm dry place for 2-3 hours to rise.
- Once the dough is risen and doubled in size, dust your counter with flour, and just gently fold the dough with the flour,you don’t want very dry and tough dough it should be smooth and soft,just enough flour so the stickiness is gone and its easier to work with.
- Once the dough is ready,divide it into the three equals size and cover with a damp cloth and let sit in a warm place again for 15 minutes.
- Then roll them into a shape of the baguettes and put on a buttered tray,cover and let rise once more for 30 -40 minutes.
*With the help of a knife make slanted line on top.In the oven keep a pan under the rack.Let it heat.add hot water in it ,which will create steam and help the bread be really nice and soggy.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180°C – 170°C(fan forced)
Enjoy with your favourite cheese but I like to make Garlic bread or sandwich out of it.All i do is slice in the middle and add my favourite fillings.
This bread would last you two weeks in the freezer,all you do is put in the microwave for 10 minutes with a glass of water inside the microwave.
like,share and comment for your feedback