I am sorry I have been MIA lately but I really apologise to all those who follow up on my blog regularly.regularly. Alot has been happening and I have not been cooking alot.But I do have this amazing soup recipe that I made recently for cousins and it came out just the way we like.I have always been quite scared of trying to make this recipe and always go wit the safe 'chicken corn recipe' but turned out this was easier than that.
Soup is a lot like family,each ingredient enhances the others;each batch has its own characteristics,and it needs time to simmer to reach full flavour.- Marge Kennedy
- Chicken fillet – 2 large skinless(sliced)
- Chicken stock-5 cups
- Tomato paste – 2 tablespoon
- spring onions – 1 stalk (finely sliced)
- Carrots- 1 (finely chopped)
- Chinese cabbage-1/2 (finely chopped)
- Vinegar-3 tablespoon
- Soy sauce -3 table spoon
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- hot sauce-3 tablespoon
- Corn flour-4 tablespoon
- eggs- 2 beaten well
- sesame oil-1 teaspoon
- In a frying pan add half of the chicken,cook till tender.
- add the vegetables,add salt ,vinegar,soy sauce,hot sauce ( 1 tsp each) and cook for a minute.
- In a large pot add the stock and boil it.Once the stock is hot add the tomatoe paste and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Once the stock is pipping hot, that’s the time when we should add the cornflour paste.
- Make the cornflour paste by simply adding cold water to the cornflour in a bowl.mix well and make sure there are no lumps,slowly add it to the stock,keep mixing well.add a bit at a time to make sure its thick enough to your liking.add more if required.
- Then add the veggies and the chicken and the uncooked chicken aswell.let this cook in the stock for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauces and salt and pepper.keep tasting it till required flavor is achieved.
- In the add the egg little by little in the corners of the soup.
Note : do not touch the soup at this point,let the egg cook up and it will come up on top then break it around with a fork or spatula.
- Serve with garlic bread or crackers.
hope you like this recipe
Do give me your feedback in the comments below
lots of love