Since winters are almost here,Almost!!! I though of sharing this soup that will not only make you feel warm but kill all unhealthy cravings.It's delicious,healthy,refreshing and very simple to make.I am sure you are going to love this.This is a broth based soup witch gives this great flavour that is light,fragrant unlike cream based soups that get heavy and super rich.
Serves 12 people
- Carrots– 1 large-finely chopped
- Celery -1 large-finely chopped
- Chinese cabbage-1/4-finely chopped
- green cabbage or bokchoy-1/4 sliced thin
- capsicum – large-finely chopped
- spring onions-1-2 finely chopped
- Corn-1/2 cup
- Mushrooms-sliced 1/2 cup
- Chicken breast fillets – 2
- Chicken carcass-1 whole chicken
- salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- chinese salt and white pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- eggs 4 beaten
- water 15 cups
- corn starch 5 tablespoon
- Strong white vinegar 4 tbsp
- Soya sauce 3 tbsp
- Oyster sauce 3 tbsp
- Chili sauce 3 tbsp
- In a large pressure cooker add the 15 cups of water and add the chicken fillets and the carcass whole to it. Add one teaspoon of salt. Close the lid of the cooker tight and give it pressure for 10 minutes.
- In another pan,add the garlic in 1/2 tsp of olive oil and then add veggies to it. Cook the veggies,mushroom,corn till tender and then add salt, pepper, half of each sauce,chinese salt and white pepper.
- Once your both is prepared,strain the broth in the pan with veggies. In a separate bowl keep the breast filet let it cool and shred finely and add it directly to the broth,cook it on low flame untill piping hot.
- Meanwhile,make the cornflour mix with cold water.
- Slowly add the egg in batches around the soup and let it cook( note: do not mix till it come to the top).
- Once the eggs come to the top add the cornflour mix and stir constantly and it will thicken it up.
(note:In case you’re trying to lose weight leave the corn flour mix and shrink your calorie intake)
- Now is the time when you taste it and add the remaining sauces all at once.
(note: if your making it for a patient,minus al the sauces and add the seasonings only,believe me it still tastes pretty good).
and don’t forget to serve with crouton,garlic bread or prawn crackers!
Hope you enjoyed the recipe
hit like and comment for feedback