Tiramisu is the popular Italian dessert made from ladyfingers and mix of cheese,eggs & sugar.Its flavour base is coffee and literally means 'Pick me up'.This is such a divine and decadent dessert any coffee lover will not get enough of it.I am not a dessert person but I really enjoy this.It just layers and layers of amazing flavours.
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese or Philadelphia cream cheese
- 24 sponge fingers lady fingers
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 cups of fresh brewed espresso
- 20g unsalted butter
- 50g Cooking chocolate(40g for ganache,10g for shavings)
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- first and foremost take a double boiler and add your egg yolks to it.The reason you don’t want to cook directly onto the heat is because you don’t want to end up with scrambled eggs.So in the double boiler you add your eggs and sugar.Whisk it thoroughly till the mixture turns into a pale yellow colour and all the sugar has completely dissolved in the eggs.Set this aside and keep it to cool completely.
- In a separate clean dry bowl, you take your eggs and beat them with an electric mixer till you get stiff peaks and a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon icing sugar.Mix it well again and set aside.
- Take a clean bowl and place it over simmering water again(double boiler),add chocolate,butter, milk and whisk till its completely lump free.
- In a large open bowl, add the mascarpone cheese,beat it well till smooth add a teaspoon of espresso and mix again,add vanilla essence aswell.
- Now, fold in the egg yolks mix and cheese together 1/3 at a time.Let it fold in nice and slowly.Then fold in the egg whites letting the air stay in the mix.set in the fridge for 10 minutes
- The quickest and nicest way to serve this tiramisu is in martini glasses.
- Start the layering,take the ganache and spread it on the inside of the glass and let it stick.Then just dip the lady finger in the espresso (quickly take it out or else it will get soggy) and place it on the sides of the glass and break one in half and place it in the centre,drizzle in some ganache. Take the cheese and egg mix pour on top of the lady fingers.
- Drizzle in some more ganache and using a sieve dust the coco powder.Clean the rim of the glasses and top it will some choclate shavings.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
Hope you enjoyed this simple recipe
comment for feedback and follow to stay updated