- Chicken fillet 2-4
- salt and pepper – to taste
- Garlic powder- 1 teaspoon
- sesame oil- 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 1 teaspoon per steak
- Montreal chicken seasoning- 1 Table spoon
- Paprika -1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon heaped
- Soya sauce-1 tablespoon
- Flatten and butterfly the chicken breast fillet and beat it with a kitchen hammer till flat.
- rub the sesame oil,garlic and soy sauce into the fillet on both sides thoroughly.
- In a small bowl,add garlic powder,salt,pepper,paprika and seasoning and mix well creating a rub for the steaks.
- Rub the steak seasoning completely on both sides of the fillet and let marinate for 30 minutes
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of the steak.
- heat a heavy grilling skillet, drizzle olive oil and once its pipping hot lay the steak.
Tip: You will turn the steak once and only once & You don’t want to over cook the steak as it will get dry.
- Once you lay the steak check the change in colour,when the steak turns white 1/3 to the center,its time to flip it and add butter.
- Cook each steak for 2 minutes each sides & repeat for every steak fillet.
- Let rest aside for a minute.
- Butter -2 tablespoons heaped
- milk -2 cups
- Flour- 2 tablespoon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- chicken powder -1/4 teaspoon
- dried oregano -1/2 teaspoon
- Jalapenos fresh- 1/2 cup sliced
- Mushrooms -1/2 cup sliced
- black olives 1/2 cup
- Mustard- -1 teaspoon
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup grated (optional)
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan,add flour,mix well and cook for a minute to remove the flour taste
- add salt and pepper and soya sauce and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add 1/3 of the milk and mix well removing all the lumps.
- Put it back on stove add the remaining milk,add mushrooms,olives,jalapenos and chicken powder
Note: you can add cheese to it if you may prefer,I like mine to be simple and less heavy
- let it thicken but keep whisking it.once thick enough to your desired consistency add mustard and oregano and turn off the flame.
Baked potatoes method:
- Wash,clean and prick 4 medium size potatoes
- Preheat oven to 250 C for 15 minutes and keep the potatoes and bake for 40 minutes.Spray some oil on top.
- Right before serving cut them in half.sprinkle salt and pepper and melt some cheese.
- Top it with sour cream& chives or mozzarella cheese.
You can serve boiled rice or your favourite stir-fry veggies with it.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe
Comment for feedback
happy cooking peeps