This is one of the popular dishes ordered in town.This is my take on the famous combo platter by Cafe Crunch,i tried to recreate this dish according to my taste.There is no hard and fast rule,you may change the flavors and experiment to your own liking.
- Mozzarella cheese 1 small packet
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-2 cups of crushed cornflakes
- dried parsley
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a firm piece of mozzarella cheese and cut it vertically from the width side into sticks about 1 inch thick.
Tip: All the sticks should be in equal length and size.
- Take three separate bowls,one for the egg,one for the flour and one for the crushed corn flakes
Tip:(You can use bread crumbs if you prefer,but cornflakes give a much even coating).
- Whisk the eggs,add one drop of water to whisk it well.Add the parsley to the crumbs,also add salt to the flour.
- Line a cookie tray with wax paper.
- Dip the cheese stick in flour and coat all the sides.Next dip the the sticks in eggs making sure it nice and coated and lastly add it to the crumbs.
tip:Use a spoon to pour the crumbs on top and avoid using the sticky fingers in the crumbs as lumps will form.
- To get a nice thick coating we will take the cheese stick back again in the egg and then again in the bread crumbs and keep it on the lined cookie tray
- Repeat the same process for all the cheese sticks.And keep it in a freezer for an hour or overnight
- Get the oil nice hot and ready for deep frying. once the oil is hot decrease the flame and add the cheese sticks one a time to avoid sticking.cook the sticks till the crumbs are golden in light in color,dish them out.
Tip: Don’t put the slotted spoon in the oil over and over again because this way it will get soggy.Remember to take it out quickly you don’t want the cheese to start melting.
- Repeat the frying process for all the sticks.
Mushroom and Spinach balls:
- 1 cup blanched spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese(grated)
- 3 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and Pepper to taste
- Garlic ginger paste
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Grind the blanched spinach till all the leaves are completely chopped and turned into a thick paste
- In a nonstick pan,add olive oil and garlic ginger paste.Also add the chopped mushrooms and mix well.
- Add salt,pepper,onion powder and soy sauce and cook well till all the flavors have merged.Dish them out and let it cool.
- Once its cold,add butter and cheese and mix well.add a tsp of flour or bread crumbs for binding.
- With the help of a medium size ice cream scoop make balls and set it aside.Coat the balls into breadcrumbs.Make sure you have a gentle amount of coating on it.
- shallow fry just to get the coating cooked.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 chicken wings
- 2 table spoon vinegar
- 1 table spoon dark soy sauce
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tea spoon chilli sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large marinate the chicken wings into a mix of mustard,vinegar,soy sauce,salt pepper and sesame oil.
- keep it in the fridge for 2 hours and then simply fry it in the marinate till the chicken is tender and juicy.
- 1 large breast fillet
- red chilli powder
- flour 2 table spoon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs-Romano cheese
- Pre-heat the oven for 25 mins at 200ºC.
- Roll the breast fillet with a rolling pin and make it thin and firm.
- sprinkle salt pepper and red chilli powder all over on both sides and leave it aside for ten minutes.
- Take the chicken and coat it with flour,remove access by holding it straight.Dip it in the egg wash and then bread crumbs.
Tip: Make sure the flour is well seasoned.
- Take it back into the egg wash and the bread crumbs making sure all the sides are coated well.
- Grease a open baking dish with cooking spray,lay the chicken fillet on it flat and bake in the oven for 20 minutes decreasing the heat to 180ºC.
- Once its baked and the chicken is cooked, heat a bit of oil and shallow fry the coating to make sure its rich,golden and delicious.
Hope you liked the recipe
Keep following the blog for more recipes
like and share with friends and family