Winters are near and its the time of the year when everyone enjoys a hot cup of soup.This recipe is my family's favorite. Soup is frequently cooked in our house in winters and we usually serve it with a large dish of fish crackers.This recipe is easy,tried and tested.The best thing about soup is you can play around with the flavors and increase and decrease anything according to your needs.
serves : 8-10 people
NOTE:(The best tasted stock is from the neck piece and the back bones,If you want you can add these pieces to get stronger broth and remove it once you have it)
- 3 chicken breast and 3 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese salt
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 table spoon corn flour
- 1 mug water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crushed sweet corn
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 stalk of green onions (sliced)
- Fill a large pressure cooker with water half way.Add the chicken peices and add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Close the slow cooker tight and give the chicken 6 minutes pressure.(Be careful at this step)
- Once you have nice chicken broth ready,remove the chicken pieces and shred them well add remove all the bones.
- Add the shredded boiled chicken,mushrooms and sweet corn and green onions in the stock.
- keep the stock over high heat and let it cook constantly.
- Once its pipping hot,beat the eggs in a bowl and slowly add bits of the egg to all sides of the soup slowly without mixing.
- once the egg gets cooked and comes up on the surface of the soup,add the corn flour mix(1 mug of water and cornflour
- mixed) and stir making the soup thick.
- As soon as the soup gets thick add all the sauces(vinegar,soya sauce,hot sauce),Chinese salt, regular salt and pepper,while mixing it well.
- Taste it and increase the flavour according to your requirements.
You can serve it with garlic bread,bread sticks or cracker.
Garlic bread recipe :https://akblog1000.wordpress.com/2014/09/21/garlic-bread/
hope you like this recipe