- 2 cups bread crumbs(Romano cheese by american garden)
- 1 packet fish fillet
- 1 tea spoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Parmesan cheese-optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 stalk of parsley finely chopped or dill
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 large potatoes(washed,peeled and sliced in a typical french fries style)
- Before you get into cooking,first make sure your fillet is nice and thaw and is soft enough to hold the batter
- In large open dishes put the bread crumbs in one dish,whisk the egg in the other and in the last one add the flour.
- Now is the part when you season everything,Start by seasoning the flour with salt,pepper,cayenne,paprika,garlic powder and mix the flour with a clean fork all over.
- Then season the bread crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and parsley or coriander.
- All you need do is follow 3 simple steps to form the crisp coating.Before you start coating the fish slightly season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper,be sure you don’t add to much salt cause there is already enough seasoning in the flour.
- Now start the coating,first rub the fish in the flour,making sure it coated completely so it holds the egg.Then the fish goes in the egg,rub it in the egg completely,then lay the fish on the bread crumbs,gently press it and with the other hand put the bread crumbs on top.
- Remember,we have to make this nice and crispy so we do a double coat,put the fish again in the egg and then back in the bread crumbs following the same procedure.
- We will follow step 6-7 the same way for all the remaining fillets.Once you have all the fillets coated well,put them in a clean tray and pop them in the fridge for 15 minutes.So the crumbs can stick in well!!!
- Heat a skillet with oil for deep frying,once the oil is nice and hot we will slide the fillet one at a time and decrease the flame to minimum.If the fillets are thick you would want to cook them for 4 minutes each side -8 minutes total.If the fillets are thin then you will decrease the cooking time accordingly.
- Once they are nice and golden brown serve in a dish on top of a kitchen paper to get rid of the excess oil.
- In a large colander put the sliced potatoes and sprinkle a gentle amount of salt and wait for 5 minutes,this will help the potatoes release all the water.
- Squeeze all the water out and remember the more water you take out the crispier your fries will be.
- Now add cayenne paprika,salt and garlic powder and toss all over
- let them sit in the colander to dry.
- Heat a deep fryer and a skillet with oil,the oil should be very hot.Once the oil is hot and you can see tiny bubbles forming add the potatoes in.(Decrease the flame to medium)
Don’t move them around too much cause they get soggy ,once they start getting crispy golden take them out on a kitchen paper and toss them on top of your fish fillet.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe