- 8-10 large potatoes -sliced in circles with the peel
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon pepper
- 1 tea spoon thyme
- 1 tea spoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese five spice (optional)
- 1 large sliced red onion
- 1 tea spoon white pepper
- 1 tea spoon parsley
- 1 table spoon mint butter ( method in the details below)
- 1/cup chopped coriander
- 1 tea spoon vinegar
- 1 tea spoon soya sauce
- 2 table spoon oil
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
method of mint butter : take a handful of crushed mint leaves and mix it in softened butter.Place in wax paper and freeze.use right before use.(lasts in freezer for month)
- Part boil the sliced potatoes for 5 minutes in salted water.
- Take a large pan or wok ( whatever is easier for you) ,add both the oils,heat it slightly and add the potatoes.Toss for a few seconds to get it cooked.Always toss,avoiding mixing of large vegetables as it gets soggy and break.
- Once the potatoes are slight yellow,add in the onions and toss till they get translucent.
- Add salt,pepper,white pepper,rosemary,vinegar,soya sauce,thyme,parsley and toss till nice and golden.
- In the end add the mint butter to it for a nice rich fragrant scent and toss constantly over a medium flame.
- Right before you serve add the coriander and toss once and serve.
This dish makes and amazing appetizer or can be a sideline with your main course.
Hope everyone enjoys this recipe