you need to follow the recipe precisely as it is complicated to get the right texture of the tart.The tart is the most important component of the recipe,if you don’t get that right it is going to be a major fail.Make the filling as good as you can,cause when you bit the tart,there should be a big crunch first and the chocolate should just melt in your mouth..so here we go!!!!
- The recipe yields 10,Never double the recipe to more quantity,repeat the recipe twice 🙂
- Oil for greasing
- 400g (14 ounces) plain chocolate chopped into big chunks
- 8tbsp cream
- 60g (2 ounces butter cubed
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
FOR SWEET PASTRY:
- 150g(5 ounces) butter
- 90g (3ounces)caster sugar
- 250g (9 ounces)plain flour and some for dusting
- 1 egg
- First make the pastry!!!Mix the butter and sugar in a food processor or in a large bowl with an electric beater until just combined. Add the egg and whiz for thirty seconds. Add the flour and process for a few seconds until the dough just comes together (add 1 tablespoon of cold water if it seems too dry),
- Knead lightly on a floured surface, then shape into a flat disc.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Lightly grease ten 8 cm fluted loose-bottomed mini tart tins.
- Roll out the pastry as thinly as possible on a floured work surface and cut out 10 small discs using an 11cm fluted cutter. Line the tins with the pastry, allowing it to overhang the edges, then prick the base with a fork and rest for twenty minutes in the fridge. (They should be really firm and cold so that you can avoid having to blind bake them.)
- Bake the rested tart cases in the preheated oven for twelve minutes until golden. Use a knife to trim off the excess pastry, then cool the cases in their tins on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate ganache. Put the chocolate, cream, butter and sugar into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently boiling water for seven to eight minutes, stirring to combine once melted. (Taste and add a little sugar if you prefer a sweeter ganache.)
- Spoon the ganache mix into the cooled tart cases,or use and icing bag to fill the ganache in a beautiful way and top with broken
- Chill for twenty minutes to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle on some cinnamon and its all done ,good to serve!
Do give your feedback in the comments below
stay tuned for more recipes