- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coca powder
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter milk(milk and 1 tbsp mix for 5 mins)
- 1 packet cream
- choclate frosting
- Beat sugar and butter together,till fluffy and white,Add eggs one by one beating it at a slow speed.Pour in the vanilla essence and mix with a spatula.
- Mix the dry ingredients together(flour,sugar,salt,coca powder).
- Slowly add batch of flour in the butter-sugar mix and mix with spatula.Now the batter will have a thick consistency.
- Slowly pour in the buttermilk slowly while mixing the batter to a smooth texture,that it slowly drops from the spoon.
- Lastly, pour the apple cider vinegar on top of the baking powder and Stir in with the batter completely.
NOTE: Preheat the oven at 200°C before you start making the mix.By the time the mix is ready,oven will be nice and warm.Turn on both the heat rods upper and lower.
Grease a long horizontal baking dish with oil and put the batter in the baking dish.
Bake the cake for 20 minutes.Don’t open the oven again and again as the cake will have air bubbles on the inside.
- Check the cake after 15 minutes with a cocktail stick or tooth pick.If it comes out clear.Take it out of the oven and let it cool in the pan,If it doesn’t come out clean bake it for another 5-10 minutes.Keep checking at that time.