Paneer jalfrezi is a famous Indian Pakistani dish.It’s a type of curry that involves different flavors and its famous for its sweet and spicy flavors.This is cooked in different styles in India usually the jalfrezi dishes include meat,lamb or chicken but this one involves cottage cheese.This dish includes green chilies so the flavors can vary in range from too HOT too medium.
- 1/2 kg Cottage cheese(diced) co
- 2 Green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 small Carrots (diced
- 2 lemons
- 3 Green chilies or according to your taste(chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup Tomatoes ketchup
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- roasted cumin
- 1 tsp onion seeds
note:You need to check the spices while cooking,in case its too spicy you can cool the dish by adding a bit of cream and check accordingly.
- In a bowl,put cottage cheese ,drizzle 1 lemon juice all over it then sprinkle roasted cumin and red chili flakes
- In a wok,heat oil,add ketchup,hot sauce,black pepper,ginger garlic paste,onion seeds,a bit of cumin and cook it for 2-3 minutes.So all the flavors infuse well with each other.
- Next you shallow fry cottage cheese in one tsp oil in a separate pan till they are beautiful nice golden colour.take it out in a plate and set aside
- In the same pan,stir fry the bell pepper and carrots and add to the sauce.
- Add cheese in the sauce in the end and simmer well.sprinkle the last lemon juice over it.Cook for 3 minutes.
Serve with boiled rice or Naan and I am sure you’ll love it.
Don’t forget to give me you feedback in the comments below