- 1 packet egg noodles
- 2 capsicum (sliced diagonally)
- 2 stalks of spring onion (sliced diagonally)
- 1/2 cabbage (sliced diagonally)
- 1 red onion (sliced diagonally)
- 2 breast fillet (sliced diagonally)
- Mushrooms(optional) (sliced)
- 2 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (sesame seeds)
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp teryaiki sauce
- 1 tsp garlic and ginger powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- In a large wok or saute pan,heat 1 tbsp sesame oil and vegetable oil.
- Put all the vegetables in the wok and on a medium heat stir fry them.Put garlic and ginger powder salt pepper and 1 tbsp soya sauce.Toss and turn,don’t mix or the vegetables will get destroyed.Once the vegetables absorb the flavors,taste it and check the flavoring.
- In a separate pan heat the remaining oil and cook in the chicken.When it starts cooking,pour in soya sauce,teriyaki sauce and vinegar.Remember to add less salt because teriyaki sauce already has a high content of salt.Keep checking the taste while cooking.Add fresh ground black pepper and toss till tender.
- Boil the water,add salt and turmeric powder to it.This gives the beautiful yellow colour to the noodles.You can use food colour,but try avoid artificial stuff.Once the water is boiled add the noodles(don’t break them).Put it in the water and then turn it in with the tongs.
NOTE:Cook for maximum 4-5 minutes not more than that.You don’t want them completely soft.
- when the noodles are cooked,pour cold water on top to avoid sticking.Sprinkle cornflour on top then with wet fingers toss them and separate them and add to the vegetables.cook on a low flame,drizzle in some sesame oil and toss with two forks,to mix in all flavors.
- In the end,put it in an open dish and serve the chicken on top of the chowmein. Sprinkle.Sprinkle the sesame seeds to give it a stunning look.
Hope you enjoy the recipe
Remember to give me your feedback