This is one of those recipes you will enjoy on a weekend or on a cheat day from you diet.Its delicious and loved by many across the globe for its unique taste and the crunchy texture.This is an extremely simple recipe and you can’t go wrong if you follow each and every step.
NOTE: this recipe will be better if the chicken is marinated over night.
- 8 drumsticks
- 700 ml butter milk or Milk with 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1 and half cup flour
- salt 1 tsp (preferably sea salt)
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- oil for deep-frying
- In large bowl soak the chicken in butter milk and salt,keep it cover in the fridge overnight or 2 hours before cooking.
- Bring back to room temperature.
- Mix the flour,salt,black pepper,Cayenne and paprika
- Heat the oil for deep-frying.
- Remove the drumsticks from the butter milk and cover it in the flour.Cover all sides!
- Shake of any extra flour and put in the chicken slowly in the oil.The oil should cover the chicken.
- Cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes and keep turning the sides.
Don’t be afraid if it gets dark in colour.It isn’t burnt.If you take them out immediately they will still be raw on the inside.Don’t cook on an extremely high flame or them will turn black instantly and will be raw on the inside.
Pre heat an oven and keep the chicken in the oven to keep the warm.
Cook till they are nice crispy and brown. Don’t overload the pan with too many pieces at the same time and do small batches for even cooking.Remove access oil with a kitchen paper.
Hope you like the recipe.