We all love Chinese foods,the staple rice,noodles,stir fry etc.
Chinese cookery includes styles originating from the varied regions of China and a lot of different people have found different techniques to cook Chinese food.Its said ,wherever there are Chinese people there is Chinese foods.The Chinese we eat here in Pakistan is adjusted to our taste and that is because we don’t have the proper authentic resources to make the authentic Chinese food but we enjoy the basic Chinese we can make.
- 4 breast fillet (cut in cubes)
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp flour
- 3-4 tbsp corn flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp water
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp for (stir frying)
- 1 spring onion (julienne cut)
- 1 red onion (Cut in square pieces)
- 1 tomato (cut in square pieces)
- 1 capsicum (cut in square pieces)
- 1 pineapple (cut in square pieces)
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp HP sauce
- 4-5 tbsp Ketchup
note:The vegetables should be cut in equal sizes and should be medium chunks.Not too big too small.If they are not cut nicely in the same size and shape,the dish will not look very presentable and nice.If the pieces are too big they won’t cook well either.
- In a big bowl,take chicken cubes,add egg,salt,flour,cornflour and mix well.Make a batter on top of the chicken,the batter shouldn’t be too dry,in case it is dry add 1 tsp water and oil.
- Deep fry the chicken cubes till they are nice and golden.Dish it out,keep it to aside so extra oil can leave the cubes.
- In a wok,add 3 tbsp oil and garlic.Cook the garlic for a bit till golden and then add the vegetables.Toss the vegetables well.
- Add HP sauce,Worcestershire sauce,ketchup and cook well until the flavours mix well.
- Add the pineapples and cook together for 30 seconds.
- Make sure the sauce is sticky.
Disclaimer: Originally I learnt this recipe from masala channel and it was called madren chicken.But after i did my research there is no Chinese cooking style known as therefore i changed its name!