“You’re only human. You live once and life is wonderful so eat the damn red velvet cupcake!”-Emma Stone.
1 cup Flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup milk
1 and half tsp baking powder
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp coco powder or nutella
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp red food colour
1 packet cream,1/2 cup icing sugar
Important : preheat the oven before arranging all ingredients.ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- First bring the butter to room temperature.Mix in the caster sugar,beat them well together.Add vanilla essence.Mix it in the mixture well.Add egg one by one and beat it at a slow speed.
- In a separate bowl,add flour,pinch of salt.Slowly add it to the butter mixture and mix well.add coco powder and beat to a thick consistency.
- Mix in the vinegar in the milk and add food colour and keep it to aside.
- Slowly add the milk to the mixture,gently mixing it with each other.
- Lastly add the apple cider vinegar on top of the baking powder,when the bubbles form add it to the mixture.Beat it one last time.
- Use a ice-cream scoop to fill the cupcake paper half way through.Divide the batter equally in all the paper.
NOTE:put the cupcake tray on top away from the heat to avoid it from burning.Once you put the tray inside the oven,decrease the temperature to 150 degrees.
*cook for 12-15 minutes.Prick the cupcake with a toothpick,if it comes out clean take them out of the oven,if not then let it cook for another 5-7 minutes.
*let it cool down before you do the icing on top.
- Beat well the cream and icing sugar to a thick consistency and use a spatula or piping bag to cover the cupcake.
- use sprinklers or chocolate shavings to decorate.